We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for a Wine Host to join our team at our brand-new winery. Our winery is a passion project, founded by a wine enthusiasts’ family who have dedicated their lives to rejuvenate the Marathasa Valley and re-creating the perfect wine experience. As a Wine Host, you will be an integral part of bringing that experience to life.
The ideal candidate will be a true wine connoisseur with an infectious enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge with others. You will be responsible for creating an unforgettable experience for our guests, providing them with the ultimate wine tasting journey. You will be an ambassador for our brand, ensuring that every guest feels welcome, comfortable, and well-cared for.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival and provide a brief introduction to our winery and wine offerings.
- Conduct wine tastings according to Marathasa Wines protocol and guide guests through the tasting experience, sharing your knowledge of wine, the winemaking process, and the history of our winery.
- Provide recommendations on wine and food pairings, based on the guest’s preferences and taste profile.
- Promoting sales of wines and wine gifts to guests.
- Encouraging guests to sign up to the Wine Club.
- Maintain a clean and organized tasting room and ensure that all guests receive prompt and attentive service.
- Assist in event planning, such as private tastings, dinners, and tours.
- Be able to manage and maintain stock and inventory of wines in the tasting room.
- Opportunity to get involved in the vineyards and/or winemaking, dependant on experience.
- Passion for wine and the wine industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of winemaking, wine regions, grape varieties, and wine styles.
- Educated to at least WST Level2 or equivalent (further training provided)
- Driving license
- Able to follow guidance.
- Respect for company policies and procedures
- Excellent spoken English
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow your wine knowledge and hospitality skills. This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new winery with a dynamic and passionate team, committed to providing a unique and unforgettable wine experience to our guests.
If you are an outgoing, knowledgeable, and passionate wine lover who thrives in a customer-facing role, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to
+357 22 952 444
and tell us why you would be the perfect fit for our team